Like a lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets, I am VERSATILE, baby!! 😉 I also like being put in a lot of different positions, so as big as it is, I guess this blog award really “fits”. LMAO Okay, I’ll quit…
Thank you, thank you Mr. Smooth Reentry for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!! I feel like I’m on the red carpet these days, with award after award coming my way!! MUAH!!! Big kisses and a beauty queen wave to all of my fans!! Haha
If you haven’t checked out his blog you need to take a peek!! I always love the blogs out there that cover relationships from a man’s perspective and his is a great read! He, like me, had a hiatus from dating for quite some time (his was 20 years) and now he’s back on the scene, ready for some new experiences!
Like every other blog award, this one has rules that are meant to be followed. Thankfully, this is blogworld and you are free to twist and turn things a bit to fit your agenda. Still, I’m going to color nicely inside the lines and be a good girl. Don’t feel like you HAVE to if you are one of my recipients though!
Here is a list of the “official rules”.
• Thank the person who gave you this award.
• Include a link to their blog.
• Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
• Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
• Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Alright so I’ll go a little bit backwards here and tell Mr. Smooth Reentry (and the rest of you) my personal things first before sharing my award recipients. (I know, living on the edge here)
- On the Myers-Briggs personality inventory I score as a hardcore ENFP. For those who don’t know this indicates that I am extroverted (well, mildly so in my case, I do have a shy streak but it’s kind of typical for ENFP’s actually to have a slightly introverted side as well), intuitive (definitely), and look at the world from an emotional (feeling) perspective in addition to being a “perceiver”. For me maybe that just means I have a difficult time following the rules, yet here I am, ha!
- I have really strange dreams. I’m not sure what it all means but on occasion they have come true, like in my post about The Ghosts of Guys in the Past. Still, on any given night I have one weird dream after another. Maybe it’s an indicator of all the things that are swimming around in my head, but when I say weird, I do mean weird! Haha Like I’ll have dreams about being with a group of scientists watching a giant pterodactyl flap around in a big hole in the ground or about a group of policeman setting my neighborhood on fire. Recently, I had a dream I was a woman in Amish style dress, living long ago.
- I actually occasionally have terrifying nightmares where I wake up screaming. They have lessened some over the years and are probably a result of trauma. When I’ve been put under for surgery I would wake up in the middle, screaming and violent and try to fight off the doctors. They said it was scary and they had to hold me down but I don’t remember any of it. The guy who took my tonsils out said in 20 years he’d only seen one other person act that way under anesthesia and asked if I’d been abused. Well, yeah…
- When I was 8 years old, I was sitting on the floor at my grandmother’s house playing with her Ouija board by myself and decided to do as she recommended and ask who I was speaking to. The board answered me “Amon”. We looked it up in the dictionary afterwards and found that is “the Ancient Egyptian God of Life and Reproduction”. (Amon) I also asked who I was going to marry and I SWEAR it gave me the exact first name of my ex- husband!! Of course I WANTED it to say the name of the guy I had a crush on at the time and it was close, but no dice!
- In keeping with my occult theme here, when I was a kid I was once running circles around and around the house and stopped on a chair in front of a mirror and saw what looked like a red light surrounding my head. I freaked out and ran to my grandmother, who told me that was my “aura”. (She was into that kind of thing, used to read the tarot and do white witchcraft). From then on I would pay attention and sometimes see them around others.
At age 12, I was in a little curio shop in Kansas City with my mother and stepfather (who were looking at crystals) and there was a man in there with a black “aura” surrounding him. He was trying to show me a shrunken head and I felt an urgent sense of panic and freaked out and ran out the door and down the street. My stepfather made fun of me because he thought I was scared of the shrunken head.
A couple of weeks later this man was on the news because it was discovered he was sexually torturing and killing young men and burying them in his backyard. His name was Bob Berdella. Here is a reference in case you’ve never heard of him. Bob Berdella
- Every single time my mom got pregnant (after having me of course) I had a dream about it and “knew” before she ever told me. Not saying I have psychic powers haha, but sometimes I wonder if they couldn’t be developed. My mom used to take classes with a woman who was a psychic that worked for the police finding missing children and stuff like that and I would come along and play with her kid (who was kind of weird but I hung out with him during the class). I had a girl do a science experiment for a fair back in elementary school where she tested a whole bunch of kids on their psychic ability of being able to predict the cards she was going to pull up out of a deck and I was the one who scored the highest. Damn, maybe I should try buying a lottery ticket someday after all….
- Now that I’ve presented myself as entirely psychotic, lol, I’ll tell you that I’m really pretty practical and realistic about most things. I’ve never fallen for this “Y2K”, “Zombie Apocalypse”, the sky is falling and aliens are coming type stuff. Really, I’m not crazy, I swear…..Muahahahahaha…;)
Anyhow, now that you’ve learned EVEN MORE about me I will give you a list of 15 others you really want to get to know!! You will love each of these blogs! Most are ones I have discovered fairly recently and decided to follow. You know if I find them interesting they’ve got to be good!! Here they are in no particular order:
- A Different Story of O
- Binder Full of Men
- Filled and Fooled
- Foreplay Begins at Breakfast
- Not So Typical Housewife
- Paralysis Analysis
- Stereotypical Man
- You’ve Been Hooked
- The Many Dalliances of Miss Katrille
- Infinite Horizon
- Accidental Swingers
P.S. Why, oh why does WordPress take all of my numbered paragraphs and label them each as #1?? WTF? I can’t seem to change them either… LOL I give up!!