Your very own Lovergirl has been awarded the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thank you so much to the lovely Kay of the DAFT Diaries! Her blog is an inspiration to ME so I am especially honored!! If you haven’t gone over there to take a peek, please do!
The rules of this award are pretty similar to the others:
1.) Display the award logo on your blog.
2.) Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.) State 7 things about yourself.
4.) Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5.) Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
So let’s get to the exciting stuff!! 😉
7 MORE intriguing facts about your favorite Lovergirl:
1. One of my most embarrassing moments ever was being caught masturbating by not one, not two, but THREE guys peeking in the window of my bedroom back in high school. They were three sort of nerdy neighborhood boys around my age who happened to come peer in between the slats of my blinds while I was fingering away. Of course, they had to spread the news far and wide and I denied, denied, denied!! Who me? I would never do such a naughty thing!! I’m sure everyone believed that one! NOT!! Total humiliation!
Nowadays kids seem a lot more likely to fess up about the fact that they masturbate, at least my kid does. I found an opened sample of baby shampoo in the boys’ room awhile back and the first thing out of my 13 year old’s mouth was “I WASN’T using that to jack off!!” Err….TMI son, TMI!!! LOL That never would have even OCCURRED to me if you’d kept your mouth shut!! Haha
2. I am in love with the SongPop game on Facebook. If I could design a perfect game that’s exactly what it would be like! I’m excelling in the Classic Rap, Classic RnB, Mowtown, and 80’s and 90’s music categories as well as doing pretty well with Duets, Funk and Soul. You know you wanna play me!! Nevermind that half the time when I’m playing I have LOUD kids in the background or people talking to me and distractions going on, I’m still killing it!! 😉
3. I’ve never been to a Karaoke bar. Never!! They were just starting to become popular back in the late 90’s while I was busy getting married to a man that was deeply involved in the church and ministry and totally against drinking or going to bars. There was no alcohol at my wedding (lame!!) He wouldn’t even go to movie theatres. We were that hardcore into conservative Christianity and we lived out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Amish people. Someone needs to take me to one and soon!! 😀
4. When I lived near a secluded beach in Hawaii I used to sometimes hike up among the sand and rocks, strip off all my clothes and sunbathe or swim naked, fantasizing that some random hot guy would be watching and come along and fuck me. It never happened though! Where the hell are all the sexy strangers when you need them? 😉
5. I never went to my high school prom. I was having sex with a few different people but no one asked me. 😦 I guess they didn’t think of me as the type to take home to Mama. Plus, I didn’t have money for a dress. So instead I went to a three day music festival featuring local bands with a group of friends, managed to get in for free and had a crazy time. I’ll bet that was way more fun than a formal dance anyhow….
6. I taught Sunday School for years and Children’s Church and wrote and performed puppet shows and taught preschool and was a day camp counselor. My ex was in ministry and I homeschooled our kids. I’m like the queen of thrift and even used to make my own baby wipes and cleaning supplies and bread and tortillas and all sorts of stuff to save money. I’d bet you’d never guess I’d be the type to lead a secret life. Shhhhh……
Thing is that during that time, at least for the first 11 years of my marriage and the couple of years of dating my ex- husband before that, I WASN’T living a double life. I was faithful and beyond reproach, even though he wasn’t showing much interest in sex with me and even though I felt rejected and alone. I’m living proof that a ho CAN actually turn into a housewife….at least for awhile! I finally cheated ON my 11th Anniversary, a day that my ex -husband had refused sex with me anyway.
7. I ran away from home on my 14th Birthday, from my psychotic, crack smoking stepfather who had threatened to kill me with a gun. He was angry that I had been trying to tell people he was molesting my 6 year old sister. Someone had called the police after seeing him grab me and shove me onto the stairs and slap me across the face so I told them of his threat and he convinced them I was full of shit. They handed me a business card and told me he wasn’t allowed to make threats and to call if I had any more issues. So he unplugged all the phones in the house and sat in between the front and back door on the lower level of the house to prevent me from escaping.
I managed to climb out a second story bathroom window, hanging down and dropping from it to the ground below and made a run for my life. The cops never caught up with me though one time my stepfather came past a friend’s house where we were hiding alone and we stayed in a closet while he banged on the door and made threats, hoping he couldn’t see we were actually there. Eventually I turned myself in by going to school and was sent away to live with my father for a year and later with other relatives and my grandma but I never went back home to live with my mother. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. I could fill a book with true tales from my childhood that would make a great Lifetime movie.
And NOW, for the Grand Finale!! 15 fascinating bloggers that you absolutely MUST check out!! I noticed that some of my favorites are also on the list of the lovely woman who nominated me so I am trying to avoid repeats! There are just so many great blogs out there! Please take a look at these ones!!
1. Confessions of a Preacher’s Daughter
2. Her Secret Library
3. Jack of all Triads
4. Epicurus and Lilith
7. State of Grace
8. The Hunt for Mr. Right Now
9. Speaking out on Sex
10. Smooth Re-entry
12. Growing Up Little
13. The Poly Orange
14. Nice Girls Like Sex Too
15. Pilot Precise
P.S. I actually recieved the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from TWO different people!! The second one being Newly Single Guy, who I was going to put on my list here but saw he had already been nominated. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 😀 So here’s a shout out to him! Love his blog and reading his thoughts!